Blis is one of the world’s fastest-growing location-based mobile businesses in the industry. With appearances in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the 4th year running, we are the global leader in advanced location data technology. Our tech stack was built from the ground up with principles of data accuracy and scale at its core. We are a truly innovative MarTech business, building the best systems, platforms and teams to support our client's needs around the globe.
Explosive growth during 2018 while working with the biggest digital brands in the world and an unprecedented opportunity in 2019 sees a requirement to build the team with several new positions being sought. With the backing of one of the best media specific Venture Capital groups, Blis are in great shape to continue being at the forefront of the mobile advertising revolution. We are a highly ambitious, young, dynamic and fun company to work for, established in 2004 the company has since expanded from its London HQ into 25 offices worldwide.
Blis are looking for a seasoned Head of PR & Communications with adtech or martech experience to join our London HQ. Our ideal candidate will currently be working in a similar level role in an adtech or martech company, in a media agency or in a PR agency working on adtech/maretch clients. Reporting into and CMO, this role is responsible for the strategy and execution of Blis’ global PR and comms (content, thought leadership, speaking opportunities, social media and comms-related event support).
The successful candidate will be a results-driven and solutions-oriented individual, who is also creative with a nose for a great story, as well as being adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. This person must be a strong collaborator, and able to both lead and execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and management of all global PR, comms (internal and external) and content and social media activities through to execution, telling the story of our brand.
- Develop and implement PR/comms strategy that positions Blis as a global brand leader in the market.
- Develop and execute global content and social media strategy and work closely with regional heads of marketing in London, NY and Singapore to enrich and support their social, PR and content strategies, handling strategy development, press release and content writing, sourcing internal and external primary research - to deliver high-quality, thought-leading content.
- Identify and manage external PR and other agencies and freelancers as needed.
- Develop executive profiles and a steady drumbeat of proactive and reactive news to keep Blis top of mind.
- Land speaking engagements and award wins.
- Run global research projects leading to thought leadership pieces.
- Manage and work with local PR agencies and freelancers as needed to deliver on the PR plans.
- Develop, support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Develop engaging speaker pitches that win us slots on stage at industry and partner events, as well as developing the on-stage content for presentations.
- Media training for key spokespeople globally.
- Develop global POVs - both strategic and reactive.
- Managing regular PR/comms/content/social reporting to demonstrate ROI for our PR and thought leadership activities.
- Manage analyst relations
- Work closely with leaders and executives to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities through internal communications.
- Manage company response for crisis and emerging issues, working across Blis to respond quickly and effectively and acting as spokesperson.
- Stay on top of industry news and ensure Blis has a voice on relevant and topical issues.
Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years experience in PR, communications strategy, content and social.
- An ideas generator with a nose for a good story.
- Strong collaborator and adept at stakeholder management.
- Proven ability to develop content that captures the attention of clients and press
- Social media savvy.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong social skills required to manage our engagement and relationships within the company as well as with media, associations and PR agencies.
- Experience in working with a regional and global communications team.
- Excellent communication, presentation and awareness skills.
- Creative ability, and the energy and enthusiasm to promote initiatives.
- Solid B2B event experience (landing speaker slots and developing creative on-stage presentation concepts.
- Consistent track record in delivering global top-tier media hits and thought leadership.